Monday, February 21, 2011

I know this is silly.

Okay, I know. But, I just found out that Cross Canadian Ragweed broke up. (New band: Cody Canada and the Departed) My favorite band is not together any more and this sorta rocks my world, not in a good way. This ranks with two other strange cultural events that have had a strange emotional impact that is silly even to me.

1. Watching Andre Agassi play his last US Open tournament. This was the tournament where is back gave out. I cried watching him play. I was 26.

2. The end of the storyline for the For Better or For Worse comic strip. I had never felt like I had grown up with a character, but I felt that way about the kids in that comic strip. I was 28.

Go ahead and laugh, it's a bit ridiculous. But really, my world is rocked.

1 comment:

molly painter, esq said...

I'm still in mourning for my favorite band. And they broke up almost 3 years ago. R.I.P. Lucksmiths!