Sunday, May 9, 2010

I need a real camera


I had a beautifully composed photo in mind.

The contrast between the blue of the tiny broken robin's egg and the rust colored ledge on my side porch should have looked good. Alas, the depth of field was impossible to work with and this photo plays with. I am quite enamored of the weird tree-like kale at the right of this picture.

Either way, spring, although it took it's sweet time, is here. Yesterday was glorious, sunny and 70. I bought all sorts of beautiful plants yesterday, strawberries and heirloom tomatoes with exotic sounding names "Koralik" and "Cherokee Purple", Lily of the Valley, succulents, raspberry canes, and a tomatillo plant. They are sitting in a anxiously waiting huddle on my front porch, giving my Sunday a purpose. There was a garden fair in downtown Camas yesterday, it felt quaint and I ran into two neighbors and one of my favorite counselors...if that doesn't make one feel like part of a community then I don't know what does.

No comments: