Saturday, January 15, 2011

A conversation...


...with a man who didn't immediately like my dogs. (GASP!)






Me: Ruby, move!
Him: Oh, she's okay. I'll just scoot over.
Me: Ruby, move it!
Him: I told her she could get on the couch.
Me: You told her?
Him: Yes, I told her she could get on a couch if she was a good girl.
Me: And not a bad girl?
Him: No, she had to be good, and not annoying.
Me: She's always annoying.
Him: She said she'd be good.
Me: Hmmmm, okay, but she's in my spot.
Him: Well, I'll just move over.
Me: So, I'm moving, and you're moving so she can sit beside you on the couch?
Him: You can sit on the other side. There's room.

For the record, she was a perfectly behaved girl and I'm pretty sure she likes him better than me...this might be why.

1 comment:

oudev oida said...

This is so awesome I re-read it three times. I'm sort of a sucker for screenplay-style play-by-plays. Lets the audience fill in the blanks. Actually I have a knack for remembering conversation fragments verbatim so now I totally wanna copy this blog methodology now.