Wednesday, February 17, 2010

pep-talk via social networking

I'm at the beginning of what promises to be an intense six weeks of work. (Not that my past few weeks have been stress free, but this I can anticipate coming.) But, in a strange venue for a pep talk one of the administrators from my building, who also happens to be my friend asked me how I was doing through facebook chat. I really didn't want to talk to her; I was trying to work (so, yes, I probably shouldn't have been on facebook at the same time) but she knew I was stressed and asked about it. I concurred, yep, stressed. She then proceeded to give me the nicest "Go Get'em Tiger" type speech. Including telling me that I was a "tremendous teacher" and if her son (overly precocious 3 year old) needed special ed (as if!) then she'd want him in my class. Wow, totally unexpected and completely welcome.

No comments: