Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resolutions 2012

In no particular order:

1. Read more nonfiction. First book to tackle? "The Female Brain". On it's way from Amazon as we speak (I'd also like to read "The Botany of Desire", "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" and possibly "The Chalice and the Blade".)

2. Re-Do front yard. I really want to rip out the grass and put some planter boxes or maybe plant flowers, maybe just a bunch of hostas, which look to me like they should be part of a fairy land.

3. Blog more often. (Goal: 52 times)

4. Volunteer once a month.

5. Take a fun class.

6. Complete more crafty projects. Especially, but not limited to baby quilts (I have fabric for two already purchased, one of the kiddos is 6 months old the other is due mid-February).

7. Set up a retirement account and figure out how my state run teacher account works.

8. Try a new fancy recipe once a month (Mole!).

9. Go to the Braun Brothers Reunion, Alaska, or British Columbia.

10. Work hard at asking for what I need when I need it. This goes for my personal and professional relationships.

2 comments:

nikki said...

nonfiction is stupid. There, I said it.

Rubiy said...

Heh, you said Mole. And I actually own a copy of "The Chalice and the Blade," wanna do a read-along?