Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 Resolution Re-Cap

So, as I'm pondering a list of resolutions for 2012, I wondered what mine for last year was. I decided to review my list and see how I did.

1. Learn to knit, actually do it...knit socks.
Epic fail. Not only did I not learn to knit. I actually learned that I am not a knitter. It's not completely outside the world of possibilities, but I am certain I would have to take a class. That did not happen in 2011.

2. Go to the Braun Brother's Family Reunion (Ragweed in Idaho, be still my heart)
I wish. I did see a great show with Reckless Kelly and Micky and the Motor Cars. This one is going on my 2012 list.

3. Visit the Newport Aquarium
Yep, did this one. Family trip in July.

4. Go camping
Check, twice even, including the amazing California Redwoods trip.

5. Blog more consistently
Nope. Grand total of 2011 blogs was 41. Total in 2010 was 43. Goal for 2012 is 52.

6. Take a fun art-type class
Currently taking a sewing class. Completed 3 of 4 classes in beginning session. I still have a 2nd session.

7. Learn to make mole
No, but I'd still like to.

8. Go to a professional soccer game
Didn't happen. But, I got to go to the most amazing Blazers playoff game (in addition to a bunch of other fun games). The Rose Garden was almost pulsing with energy.

9. Organize a few poker parties
Didn't make this happen either. But plans are in the works for an infused alcohol competition party.

10. Learn to play Settlers of Catan
Didn't do this one either.

11. Go hiking in 5 new places
I probably did this one but honestly have no idea. It seems likely?

Looking at this list I didn't do particularly well. A meager three or possibly four out of ten. Strangely, I feel like 2011 was a rousing success.

No comments: