Thursday, July 16, 2009

two and a half bottles of wine later

Last night was a repeat of the previous one. With a few exceptions, first I got to play host. Secondly, this was an almost unbroken stream of stories, laughing, conversation, and cursing. I think we probably made my brand new neighbor, a Lutheran family and youth minister, blush, because truck drivers probably would have been blushing.

My friend and I had every intention of going out, leaving, making good use of her babysitter. She came in ooo-ed and ahhhh-ed over the house we sat down and started talking. A half of an hour later I suggested we open a bottle of wine and move to the back yard.

We fought off mosquitoes, layered on clothes, took break to snack on the wide variety of picnic food (including the pictured pesto) I have stocked in my refrigerator over the summer, decide we need to hang out as much in real life as we both do in our heads, and oh then wow. It's one in the morning.

I love summer. The garbage man at 6:45 this morning? Not so much.

(pesto, post tomorrow, my camera is currently too far from the computer.)

1 comment:

barelyouttatuesday said...

you layered on clothes???